PeachTree TV’s Screen on the Green
Atlanta superstation Peachtree TV needed a marketing agency partner to manage all aspects of the Screen on the Green family outdoor movie series, including sponsorship activation, technical production, safety and promotions.
- Pro Motion first began working on Screen on the Green in 2008, managing sponsorship activation.
- Pleased with their performance, Peachtree TV then invited Pro Motion to participate in a request-for-proposal (RFP) process for the 2009 operations and management contract, which Pro Motion won.
- After producing a highly successful slate of events in 2009, Peachtree TV chose not to go through an RFP process and awarded Pro Motion the 2010 contract.
- “We were extremely excited to manage Screen on theGreen again in 2010,” said Pro Motion President Steve Randazzo. “I credit our outstanding staff for the creative thinking, planning and logistical execution that consistently helps Peachtree TV and their sponsors to achieve their marketing goals.”
- Screen on the Green regularly attracts more than 40,000 guests to its five-week slate of family-friendly movies, shown on a massive airscreen every Thursday night, and its numerous sponsors hosting a variety of games and activities for all ages.
- In 2010, Screen on the Green moved back to its original home in midtown Atlanta’s Piedmont Park after a two-year stint in downtown Centennial Olympic Park.
- Pro Motion developed, managed and staffed the VIP and hospitality area for event sponsors such as Pepsi, Cold Stone Creamery, the Georgia Peanut Board, Sony Pictures and others
- In addition, Pro Motion managed the sampling for all of the brands throughout the event distributing over 200,000 samples and premiums over the 10 weeks
- Each week, Pro Motion managed the complete development of the event from the ground up including managing over 10 vendors per week
- The 2009 event itself generated $1 million in sponsor revenue, a more than 5 to 1 return on investment (ROI).
- Other than one stormy night the second week of the 2009 event series (which cancelled the event), crowds grew exponentially with every night. While 5,000 people participated in the May 28 event, by the last movie five weeks later 15,100 packed the park, making it the largest crowd of the event. In total, more than 39,000 guests participated in the four movies during the 2009 Screen on the Green.
- 2009 national sponsor Clearwire asked to be part of the last two events based on the success of prior nights, and The Agency was happy to accommodate them, quickly and seamlessly merging them into the plans already in place.
- There have been numerous requests from consumers and sponsors to make the event longer, adding one or more weeks to the execution due to the success and popularity.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution listed Screen on the Green as the week’s #1 Event searched online on AccessAtlanta.com, which the newspaper owns and operates.
Turner Broadcasting’s Peachtree TV considers Screen on the Green to be one of its most successful programs and Pro Motion has helped continue to raise the bar and the success of the event. We are pleased from a business-to-consumer as well as a business-to-business standpoint.