Sony Pictures and Sony Entertainment wanted to promote the release of the new summer blockbuster, The Amazing Spider-Man and related merchandise at 1,000 Walmart locations across America – in 7 weeks!
- RThe Amazing Spider-Man Mobile Marketing Tour was created to engage fans and consumers at Walmart locations across America. 17 Spidey Teams were deployed in branded trucks and trailers loaded with interactive activities.
- RShoppers experienced a sneak peek of The Amazing Spider-Man video game and an extended trailer of the movie.
- RA cross-promotion with Hasbro, Kellogg’s, HP Straight Talk and Sony Electronics showed off the reach of the Spider-Man franchise and fans saw an exclusive Augmented Reality fight scene between Spider-Man and the Lizard once they downloaded the AR app.
- RA large Spider-Wall traveled to many of the cities challenging guests to try their hand at climbing the 30 foot wall just like their action figure, Spidey.
- Events preceded with local media exposure saw attendance increase of 72% at each Walmart location
- Walmart saw 17% increase in sales of The Amazing Spider-Man franchise merchandise at 1,000 stores exclusively visited by the Mobile Marketing Tour
- Sony received the “Walmart Supplier Award of Excellence” for this highly successful campaign – an award every Walmart supplier would love to win
- The Tour visited almost 1,000 stores (nearly 1/3 of all Walmart locations) and engaged more than 100,000 Walmart shoppers in 31 states, again in 7 weeks!
Did you know…
79% of experiential marketers say in the coming years, live events will become increasingly important to their organizations’ success.
2018 State of Experiential Marketing Study