Corona wanted to leverage the excitement surrounding the World Cup of Soccer to increase sales of Corona Extra and Corona Light to Hispanic consumers.
- RPro Motion developed an exciting on-premise promotion to engage Hispanic soccer fans by putting a twist on the traditional foosball game. By using “sand” – actually shuffleboard wax – gave players the feeling of playing beach soccer and added a fun and challenging twist to the bar game of foosball.
- RBrand Ambassadors were able to introduce Hispanic soccer fans to Corona products while playing along with their favorite game on a somewhat smaller scale – the foosball tables.
- RWinners were entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Mexico to meet and watch the Mexican national soccer team play at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City, which drew lots of emotion within the Hispanic community.
- RIn addition to refereeing the foosball tournaments, Pro Motion Brand Ambassadors, fluent in English and Spanish, were on hand to distribute samples of Corona Extra and Corona Light which created a lot of buzz inside the bar while the tournament was activated.
- Hundreds of Corona drinkers and converted drinkers participated in the tournament over the course of the program throughout California.
- The Corona brand was able to distribute additional POS during the promotion that provided additional awareness and calls to action even when the tournaments were not taking place.
- At the almost 70 events, bar tender feedback was 93% positive that the promotion delivered additional excitement, foot traffic and beer sales.
Did you know…
79% of experiential marketers say in the coming years, live events will become increasingly important to their organizations’ success.
2018 State of Experiential Marketing Study