As part of its MLB sponsorship, Utz Snacks had the opportunity to promote and distribute one-of-a-kind MLB branded bags of UTZ Original Potato Chips during the All-Star Game Activities in Cleveland, OH July 5 – 9, 2019. Utz and the MLB wanted to bring the sponsorship to life to cut through the clutter and truly engage fans, human-to-human, versus a flat logo placement and be much more effective.
- RThe Utz Experience was placed in the sponsor area of Play Ball Park along with other iconic brands such as Coke and Chevy, where a branded Utz truck was the backdrop for our sampling area.
- RThousands of consumers – local and from across the country – were able to enjoy a free bag of Utz Original Potato Chips provided by friendly Utz Brand Ambassadors.
- RFans were also invited to participate in the Utz Game Saving Catch, the moment was captured and sent to them via email to share via social media to extend the reach of the Utz brand.
- RFans were surprised by the Brand Ambassadors sampling MLB’s official salty snack when they exited Progressive Field after the Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game
- RPartnering with America’s favorite sport puts a halo around the Utz brand in the minds of the consumer.
Over 100,000 happy consumers were engaged.
50,000 bags of All-Star Game branded Utz chips were handed out to surprised consumers in Play Ball Park.
Almost 27,000 bags of All-Star Game branded Utz chips were handed out to consumers as they exited Progressive Field after the All-Star Game.
Over 1,000 guests participated in the Game Saving Catch
Did you know…
79% of experiential marketers say in the coming years, live events will become increasingly important to their organizations’ success.
2018 State of Experiential Marketing Study