Hussmann knew they weren’t getting the results they once received from attending trade shows, and wanted a creative and integrated solution to showcase their new line of refrigerated display cases for grocery and C-Stores
- RThe solution was the Hussmann Insight Experience Tour. With 33 events in 24 cities, the Tour went to the corporate headquarters, flagship stores, and distributors of the biggest names in the grocery industry, including Target, Walmart, and Associated Wholesale Grocers across the country and in Canada.
- RA customized plan was designed to communicate to Hussmann’s sales targets, to promote the program, and to explain why attendees needed to attend. It provided the opportunity to save the date on their calendars along with updates and reminders, yielding excellent attendance at each event site with key decision makers blocking out time in their day.
- RThe main attraction of the Hussmann Insight Experience Tour was the 38’ expandable trailer. As employees entered their parking lots and saw the trailer, their curiosity was piqued. Buzz began among those who got invites and those who weren’t even included, driving more influencers to the display. Before entering the trailer, guests were greeted with refreshments and checked in.
- ROnce inside, the 30-minute experience began with an overview video that introduced the history of Hussmann, core beliefs and strategies with a focus on innovation over the past 112 years, and ultimately, the innovative Insight display case.
- ROur traveling spokesperson gave a live presentation while showcasing a 12′ Insight demo case, touchscreen supporting visuals, and a VR exhibit, which allowed users to experience a store filled with Insight cases in their natural environment filled with produce, meat, seafood, and other refrigerated foods. Finally, attendees were brought to the conference area where they had one-on-one strategic conversations with Hussmann sales team members who attended in each market; on several occasions, customers actually made decisions on the spot about purchase intent!
The very nature of the Hussmann Insight Experience roadshow tour meant that there were no wasted moments.
Every attendee over the course of the program (over 400 decision makers and influencers) was a member of the target audience and they came to the roadshow because they wanted to learn about the Insight product line.
This led to immediate conversion and purchases early in the tour and, ultimately, a return on investment that exceeded all expectations. This program worked because we activated directly in the customer parking lot; a place that attracted decision makers who may not attend trade shows.
These results were extremely well received throughout Hussmann’s sales and marketing teams.
Days on the Road
Did you know…
79% of experiential marketers say in the coming years, live events will become increasingly important to their organizations’ success.
2018 State of Experiential Marketing Study