CNN wanted to extend election coverage to the voting public, on the ground and at the same time support valued business partners in a way that will engage voters to share their thoughts, feelings and impressions of the community. The engagement opportunity needed to last from the caucuses to election night.
- RPro Motion managed development, build-out, scheduling and activation of the Tour that was the on-the-ground, interactive touch-point for consumers, cable partners, affiliates and advertisers
- RThe focus of the Election Express Yourself Tour was an Airstream that Pro Motion transformed into a mobile recording studio where guests were invited to record a short video portrait voicing their political passions
- RThese clips were then utilized on-air and on-line to promote CNN’s election coverage
- RConsumers were also invited to create their own customized political memorabilia or to leave their mark on our huge Graffiti Wall
- RIn addition, there were CNN television kiosks, an Internet café and polling stations for guests to enjoy
- RPro Motion also managed catered VIP cocktail receptions at each event for CNN’s cable partners, affiliates and advertisers
- RThe CNN case study: Election Express Yourself Tour inspired viewers to utilize CNN as a political resource in record number
- RCNN’s Presidential election coverage achieved its highest primetime ratings in history
- RCNN lead all broadcast and cable networks on Election Night
- RCNN unseated Fox News in the hotly-contested 10pm timeslot
- RCNN was the #1 cable network in its target market for all three Presidential Commission debates as well as the Commission’s Vice Presidential debate
- RThe Tour exceeded the goal of getting consumers focused on the upcoming elections and building relationships with CNN’s partners all while gaining PR attention
- RThe CNN Election Express Yourself Team interacted with over 50,000 consumers, traveled over 9,000 miles and distributed over 100,000 premiums!