CNN Election Express Yourself Tour
In this CNN case study, we planned to extend election coverage to the voting public, on the ground and at the same time support valued business partners in a way that will engage voters to share their thoughts, feelings and impressions of the community. The engagement opportunity needs to last from the caucuses to election night.
- Pro Motion managed development, build-out, scheduling and activation of the Tour that was the on-the-ground, interactive touch-point for consumers, cable partners, affiliates and advertisers
- The focus of the Election Express Yourself Tour was an Airstream that Pro Motion transformed into a mobile recording studio where guests were invited to record a short video portrait voicing their political passions
- These clips were then utilized on-air and on-line to promote CNN’s election coverage
- Consumers were also invited to create their own customized political memorabilia or to leave their mark on our huge Graffiti Wall
- In addition, there were CNN television kiosks, an Internet café and polling stations for guests to enjoy
- Pro Motion also managed catered VIP cocktail receptions at each event for CNN’s cable partners, affiliates and advertisers
- The CNN case study: Election Express Yourself Tour inspired viewers to utilize CNN as a political resource in record number
- CNN’s Presidential election coverage achieved its highest primetime ratings in history
- CNN lead all broadcast and cable networks on Election Night
- CNN unseated Fox News in the hotly-contested 10pm timeslot
- CNN was the #1 cable network in its target market for all three Presidential Commission debates as well as the Commission’s Vice Presidential debate
- The Tour exceeded the goal of getting consumers focused on the upcoming elections and building relationships with CNN’s partners all while gaining PR attention
- The CNN Election Express Yourself Team interacted with over 50,000 consumers, traveled over 9,000 miles and distributed over 100,000 premiums!
The CNN Election Express Yourself Tour was a crown jewel of the network’s promotional strategy.