TSC Follow Us to the Fair Tour
Tractor Supply Company—a rural lifestyle retailer with over 1,700 stores in 49 states—wanted to continue engaging in the experiential marketing field in a way that connected with their core customer base: recreational farmers and ranchers who enjoy the rural lifestyle, as well as tradesmen and small businesses. The continuation of the tour needed to meet several KPIs:
- Acquire customer and prospect data for future marketing use
- Increase brand awareness and preference of TSC and incorporating the “Life Out Here” message
- Increase usage/trial of TSC
- Continue to build relationships with stores and local communities, including FFA and 4-H.
- Generate media impressions
- TSC, again, partnered with Pro Motion to continue the “Follow Us to the Fair” tour for a third year, reaching state and county fairs.
- The tour activations visited state and county fairs in 10 states over 19 weeks between June and October:
- Macon County Fair
- Wapello Co. Regional Fair
- Woodford Co. Fair
- Big Butler Fair
- Wolf’s Corner Fair
- Trumbell Co. Fair
- Perry County Fair
- OH State Fair
- Preble County Fair
- IL State Fair
- KY State Fair
- NY State Fair
- MN State Fair
- Pottawamie County Free Fair
- White Co. Fair
- OK State Fair
- Titus Co. Fair
- State Fair of Texas
- The 2400 square foot footprint included a stage (for fun games including the Carhartt Clothes Relay, Scott’s Miracle Gro Soil Sprint, and many more) and a 10′ x 10′ tent housing register-to-win kiosks for a sweepstakes that included prizes such as a Carry-On trailer, Ariat footwear, and coupons for free Purina products.
- Pickles, the Runaway Pig Lasso Game returned this year, and was joined by Moose, a taxidermied rodeo bull for photo opportunities. Activities also included the Purina “Feed the Animals” beanbag toss game, and the Shell High-Striker.
- Lifestyle brands Purina Pet Food, Purina Animal Feed, Ariat, Carhartt, and several others joined the tour as sponsors, adding to the authenticity and excitement of the events.
- Fun, interactive stage games included “Thundergun” lug-nut races, egg-and-spoon races, bowling, and much more.
- New to the program was an award ceremony at each fair honoring 4H and FFA students who won a Good Neighbor Essay Contest sponsored by Tractor Supply Company.
“I had high expectations for our partnership from our first phone call – and your team is delivering on every one. You are great partners and we can’t say enough good things about you all. So happy we are working together.”