Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young begin their song “Teach Your Children” with the line “You, who are on the road must have a code that you can live by.”
Why do we bring that up? Well, it’s not too much of a stretch to assume that these intricate harmonies were in reference to experiential marketing.
Specifically, training brand ambassadors.
Pro Motion Training Process
The biggest reason experiential marketing works? Brand Ambassadors and Street Teams.
90% of the success of a field marketing program happens when you find the right Brand Ambassadors and you have a training process that kicks butt!
Our Pro Motion BAs continuously raise the bar on excellence and performance, and a great deal of their success is thanks to our immersive “boot camp” style of training.
Our training lasts two to four weeks, depending on the complexity of the program and the operations. Here is how we setup our successful training program:
- Prior to beginning each program’s training, we have prepared a full training schedule and manual based upon the brand.
- Training begins with introductions, and then straight into expectations.
- Our comprehensive program includes: brand training, policies and procedures training, detailed program training, and(if a mobile vehicle tour is part of the marketing program) vehicle training.
- A huge aspect of our training program is having our client participate in the training, either in person or via conference call. When our Brand Ambassadors hear the client’s passion for the brand, they get a better understanding of the importance of the brand’s message.
- Towards the end of training, we provide at least one full day to our Ambassadors for role playing and mock setups of the actual engagement/event. This sets up our team for success by giving them a hands-on, live experience.
Ultimately, we want our Brand Ambassadors engaged, so we make sure each person feels special and knows they are part of a bigger team. After training, our ambassadors are a team that’s bonded over experiences and feels ownership of the program. They become committed and dedicated to their brand and to Pro Motion.
This is one of the many reasons we continue to get repeat programs with our clients and build long term, lasting relationships. …we teach the BA’s well.