You and your marketing team have decided that an experiential marketing event is something you would like to do for your brand; and not just any event, but a Pop-Up Shop. Having a well thought out plan in place is the very first step as it will set the foundation for the success of your Pop-Up Shop.
When you pull your marketing team together OR if you hire an experiential marketing agency, the following should be on the agenda (these are just a few thought starters):
Why do we want to build and activate a Pop-Up Shop?
- Create Buzz
- Create an experience
- It’s cool, everyone is doing it
- Sales opportunity
- Education and Awareness
What are the measurements for success?
- Media impressions
- Sales results
- Social media growth (Tweets and Facebook Likes)
- Coupon redemption
- An industry award
What is our budget?
- Is the budget fixed or variable?
- Will different internal departments share in the cost?
- How will I know if I have budgeted enough? Too much?
When are we going to activate our Pop-Up Shop?
- Around a special event or trade show
- Launch of a product
How long will our Pop-Up Shop be open?
- A weekend
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
Where are we going to build our Pop-Up Shop?
- Near a mall
- Near a convention center
- Busy downtown location
- Store front
- Build a space ? what does this mean?
What is going in the Pop-Up Shop
- Data collection
- A unique experience (media event)
Who is going to provide all of the development, production, and logistics?
- Do we have the expertise in-house?
- Do we need to find a partner?
Who will staff the Pop-Up Shop?
- Internal team
- Brand Ambassadors
How do we measure the success/reporting?
- Do we have an internal process that will work with Pop Up Shops?
It may look easy to add a Pop Up Shop to your marketing plans since you sell your products in many retailers. Just like most marketing ideas, it isn’t as easy as it looks and it could be a disaster if you don’t have the expertise on your side. So plan your meeting and plan for success on your Pop-Up Shop. We have lots of knowledge to share on this topic. So, stay tuned!