Disney’s Give a Day, Get a Disney Day
Pro Motion is proud to be a part of and congratulates our client, Disney Destinations, on winning the overall Best Promotion of 2010 as awarded by the PRO Awards from PROMO Magazine for its “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” promotion!
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts wanted to inspire one million people to volunteer in their local communities. They conceived the “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” program, in which the first one million people who donated a day of their time to charity received a free one-day ticket to either Disney World or Disneyland. Guests were also given the option to donate their ticket to a charitable organization.
- The campaign involved PR, advertising, digital media, promotion, broadcast radio and television, including a tie-in with ABC’s Extreme Home Makeover, a Muppets viral video, events, community relations, CRM, park operations and more.
- While the work of many Disney Cast Members went into the strategy, planning and execution of the overall campaign, Pro Motion’s expertise in coordinating special event logistics with cities, municipalities and private venues – as well as a proven track record for recruiting, training and managing Disney-caliber Brand Ambassadors – made Pro Motion a logical partner in the activation for the campaign. In each city, Pro Motion secured iconic venues where Disney’s JaMMitors “drummed up” awareness of the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day message. From Times Square to the White House to Pier 39 in San Francisco, the JaMMitors, supported by the Pro Motion street teams, performed to the delight of thousands. A Pro Motion Project Manager traveled with the tour to oversee all permitting and Street Team logistics.
- Overall, it took Disney just 67 days to reach its goal of inspiring one million people to sign up and commit to a volunteer activity!
- 60,000 keychains were distributed, encouraging guests to give a day of service in their communities in exchange for a free day at a Disney Park.
- Guerilla events took place in locations such as Times Square, the White House and Pier 39 in San Francisco, in total 16 events were activated in markets across the United States.
- The program was a huge success and earned the Best Promotion of 2010 PRO Award! The program also won the Best Multidiscipline Campaign and came in second place for the Best Cause-Based Promotion.
I love working with Pro Motion, you all are buttoned up and on top of every detail. Very professional and understanding of the Disney way.